Loneliness

I’m a Autistic male with Aspergers .

My Autism causes me to struggle in many ways in this world it’s like when I go to work I can’t seem to keep up with everyone else I don’t understand things as good as everyone else and that annoys me

I have no friends and the loneliness just makes me feel more and more angry and depressed. I want to talk to someone so bad but even that comes with a cost

Parents
  • Hello,  Autistic male.

Loneliness is terrible. It eats away at you until nothing remains but your empty shell.

Every night before you go to bed, tell yourself about one good thing about you. And in the morning when you wake up, remind tell yourself about it again. Every night, add one extra good thing about yourself.  After a whole week, your feelings of loneliness will diminish. You'll be surprised at how much more confident you feel.  Loneliness is very easy to overcome once you understand what causes it—and that's a deep-seated belief that you are not likeable. I have been lonely many times, and those times have passed when I remembered to talk nicely to myself and be a friend to myself. Soon, I start to do things I enjoy and am content to be on my own doing them. And I have something to talk to other people about as an extra bonus.

What are your interests in life?

Or what things would you like to do, or new things you would like to learn, or new places to visit? 

Can you give some examples of the things you've enjoyed doing in the past, places you've enjoyed visiting in the past? 

• Hello thank you for your kind reply

i will try everything you have said to see if it helps.

My interests in life are fishing, Carpentry and skateboarding.

I would really like to go to Africa and teach kids who live in poverty Carpentry as I’m a Carpenter myself.

other then that I haven’t got much else I want to do.

I just feel like if I had people to talk to I would feel happier because being alone with my thoughts puts me in a dark place.

Thank you for your support 

• Yes, being alone with your thoughts can be a dark place to be when your thoughts are unfriendly ones. That's why it's important to make a habit of having nice thoughts about yourself. Start slowly. Even one nice thought about yourself a day will make a big difference. 

Fishing, carpentry and skateboarding. You sound like a fascinating person with diverse interests. Teaching poor kids carpentry is noble and worthwhile. Whereabouts in Africa? Do you have a country in mind?

Have you heard of The Samaritans? They are a free helpline for when you are in a dark place and need someone to talk to. It might be useful to have their contact details at hand just in case of emergencies. It's very easy to get in touch with them. You can call 116 123 or chat to them online.

https://www.samaritans.org/

See how you get on with being nice to yourself for seven days (and nights). But remember, if your dark thoughts get too much for you at any time, then you should get professional help. Sometimes we all need a little extra help to get back on the path to happiness.

• Yes, being alone with your thoughts can be a dark place to be when your thoughts are unfriendly ones. That's why it's important to make a habit of having nice thoughts about yourself. Start slowly. Even one nice thought about yourself a day will make a big difference. 

Fishing, carpentry and skateboarding. You sound like a fascinating person with diverse interests. Teaching poor kids carpentry is noble and worthwhile. Whereabouts in Africa? Do you have a country in mind?

Have you heard of The Samaritans? They are a free helpline for when you are in a dark place and need someone to talk to. It might be useful to have their contact details at hand just in case of emergencies. It's very easy to get in touch with them. You can call 116 123 or chat to them online.

https://www.samaritans.org/

See how you get on with being nice to yourself for seven days (and nights). But remember, if your dark thoughts get too much for you at any time, then you should get professional help. Sometimes we all need a little extra help to get back on the path to happiness.

Children
No Data