Hello!

Hey all,

I just joined the community and wanted to say hi.

I have just been diagnosed with autism (at age 46), and I feel like a child again.

Meaning I now wonder what is going to happen next.

My diagnoses has helped me and my family understand a lot of my past, but I'm still coming to terms I actually have autism.

Parents
  • Hello, Rob. I was diagnosed this year. Welcome to the tribe!

As part of the NHS diagnosis, I was allocated  an autism support worker who I meet with for 1-2-1 post-diagnosis sessions (12 weeks in total). They come to an end next week and then I will be invited to attend weekly group sessions with other newly diagnosed adults. These sessions will be lead by a clinical psychologist and are expected to last for 11 weeks.

I think the support that's available to you after diagnosis depends on where in the UK (or world) you are. Usually, with the NHS, if there is any support package available, it kicks in automatically after a positive diagnosis.

• Hello, Rob. I was diagnosed this year. Welcome to the tribe!

As part of the NHS diagnosis, I was allocated  an autism support worker who I meet with for 1-2-1 post-diagnosis sessions (12 weeks in total). They come to an end next week and then I will be invited to attend weekly group sessions with other newly diagnosed adults. These sessions will be lead by a clinical psychologist and are expected to last for 11 weeks.

I think the support that's available to you after diagnosis depends on where in the UK (or world) you are. Usually, with the NHS, if there is any support package available, it kicks in automatically after a positive diagnosis.

Children