Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi KC - welcome to our little band of not so merry women! My partner is just the same as yours - it is me who lays down the law and he seems unable to enforce it and then struggles hugely at times with our little boy. Drives me nuts, honestly!

Hope to speak more with you soon.

Puffin - sorry I haven't been around. I have been having a horrible time Frown. Just seemed to have managed to sort some stuff out with school and then my son goes into his 1st really difficult phase. I have been beside myself really, for all sorts of reasons. Feeling a bit better tonight but have had to stop the counselling for a while as I just cannot do both things together.

Sorry its another 'me' post Frown How are you doing?

Love to both, Rosemary xxx

• Hi KC - welcome to our little band of not so merry women! My partner is just the same as yours - it is me who lays down the law and he seems unable to enforce it and then struggles hugely at times with our little boy. Drives me nuts, honestly!

Hope to speak more with you soon.

Puffin - sorry I haven't been around. I have been having a horrible time Frown. Just seemed to have managed to sort some stuff out with school and then my son goes into his 1st really difficult phase. I have been beside myself really, for all sorts of reasons. Feeling a bit better tonight but have had to stop the counselling for a while as I just cannot do both things together.

Sorry its another 'me' post Frown How are you doing?

Love to both, Rosemary xxx

Children
No Data