Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi Puffin,

You must be psychic! That was more or less the focus of the last counselling sessionFoot in Mouth

Hmmm, I wouldn't want to go down the home schooling route, I must admit. All sorts of things would worry me - eg. is it healthy to be together all the time?, would I be able to teach to a certain standard?, would it make my son even more set in his ways and reluctant to try new things?

Has you husband offered to be the one who is at home all day with your son??? He might soon change his mind if you asked him if he would like to take on that role?

It must be very stressful for you having to deal with your litle boy's anxiety though. My son does not display this. His worst issue is Semsory Integration Disorder and he's having a really bad phase of it at the moment. His behaviour at home and school is not good.Frown

I must admit to feeling completely exhausted at the moment. Need a decent holiday but that won't happen as my partner has this very anally retentive attitude to money.

Hope the school bus thing goes ok. Is it booster seats that they have? What a far cry from my school days - there weren't even seat belts then. Let me know how you get on.

Love a totally knackered Rosemary xxx

• Hi Puffin,

You must be psychic! That was more or less the focus of the last counselling sessionFoot in Mouth

Hmmm, I wouldn't want to go down the home schooling route, I must admit. All sorts of things would worry me - eg. is it healthy to be together all the time?, would I be able to teach to a certain standard?, would it make my son even more set in his ways and reluctant to try new things?

Has you husband offered to be the one who is at home all day with your son??? He might soon change his mind if you asked him if he would like to take on that role?

It must be very stressful for you having to deal with your litle boy's anxiety though. My son does not display this. His worst issue is Semsory Integration Disorder and he's having a really bad phase of it at the moment. His behaviour at home and school is not good.Frown

I must admit to feeling completely exhausted at the moment. Need a decent holiday but that won't happen as my partner has this very anally retentive attitude to money.

Hope the school bus thing goes ok. Is it booster seats that they have? What a far cry from my school days - there weren't even seat belts then. Let me know how you get on.

Love a totally knackered Rosemary xxx

Children
No Data