Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi Puffin,

Meeting isn't until Thurs and my son goes back tomorrow. At least now though, I have had confirmation that the Parent Partnership are coming. I've only has to wait about 3 anxious and angry wks for this. I think I contacted them on the last week of March. Jeez!

I think I might not be responsible for my actions if I had your MIL, lol! Yell Although I have had similar problems with my brother.

Isn't it odd? Very often, its not the actual condition that causes the problems, but other peoples attitudes and all the hassle you have to go through to get help.

I'm not sure that I know this - how many hours does your son have on his statement? How long did you have to wait before you got a diagnosis? We have been on the waiting list since June last year and he was referred in Sept 11.

Over the easter hols we have seen a consultant paediatrician and I'll pop back on and tell you about this in a bit. She has referred him to an occupational therapist as she agrees with me he has fine and gross motor skills and also has quite bad hypermobility. 

Not in a great place right now and sorry to whinge. Spk soon, love Rosemary xxx

• Hi Puffin,

Meeting isn't until Thurs and my son goes back tomorrow. At least now though, I have had confirmation that the Parent Partnership are coming. I've only has to wait about 3 anxious and angry wks for this. I think I contacted them on the last week of March. Jeez!

I think I might not be responsible for my actions if I had your MIL, lol! Yell Although I have had similar problems with my brother.

Isn't it odd? Very often, its not the actual condition that causes the problems, but other peoples attitudes and all the hassle you have to go through to get help.

I'm not sure that I know this - how many hours does your son have on his statement? How long did you have to wait before you got a diagnosis? We have been on the waiting list since June last year and he was referred in Sept 11.

Over the easter hols we have seen a consultant paediatrician and I'll pop back on and tell you about this in a bit. She has referred him to an occupational therapist as she agrees with me he has fine and gross motor skills and also has quite bad hypermobility. 

Not in a great place right now and sorry to whinge. Spk soon, love Rosemary xxx

Children
No Data