Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Laughing Hi there, K80brd welcome to our little band of partners !

Yes we can fully understand what you have to put up with Wink and it is so nice to have a group of people you can talk (well type to) that completly understand.  I have found this site a lifesaver.  I hope you do too Smile

Sorry you are still not well Rosemary, you know i think i have the same problem very sore sinus for over a week now since the last bout of flu Frown Where is the summer?!  Mind you my son gets hayfever really badly, so that is not very pleasant.

Sorry you are getting a bit depressed at the thought of Monday, i really understand, but if he is happy there and oblivious to alot of the schools wrong doings, that is a good thingLaughing having him go off on Monday happy is brilliant.  You unfortunatly will have to deal with the school over the other issues, i do not envy you that, just stay strong.  Yes, as i have mentioned before home schooling is my husbands dream for our son, to save him alot of anxiety (my husband and my son) Tongue Out, i am not working so it could be a possibility.  At the moment though my son like yours really benefits from the social interaction.  He has been not wanting to go to school lately for various reasons ( the unsupervised playground is a big problem, and swimming starts this week)Frown  If his dread of school and stress levels increased.  I.e if school attendence started doing in my opinion, more harm than good i would take him out and home school him, but we are not there yet.

My mother in law leaves today Wink, i really wish she would read atleast one book on Aspergers it would be so less stressful ?!  She normally leaves thinking badly of our sons behaviour and in her opinion my husband and i cause alot of it. Yell Unfortunatly she likes to share her opinions very loudly !!

I hope you have a good weekend Rosemary, you might feel better after Monday, once you have got things said and started things moving with the school.  The timinng of the school holidays after the incident was nnot great.  not being able to do anything after that Friday has given you longer to get down and depressed over it rather that act, take care.

Have a good weekend ladies Laughing

Puffin x x 

• Laughing Hi there, K80brd welcome to our little band of partners !

Yes we can fully understand what you have to put up with Wink and it is so nice to have a group of people you can talk (well type to) that completly understand.  I have found this site a lifesaver.  I hope you do too Smile

Sorry you are still not well Rosemary, you know i think i have the same problem very sore sinus for over a week now since the last bout of flu Frown Where is the summer?!  Mind you my son gets hayfever really badly, so that is not very pleasant.

Sorry you are getting a bit depressed at the thought of Monday, i really understand, but if he is happy there and oblivious to alot of the schools wrong doings, that is a good thingLaughing having him go off on Monday happy is brilliant.  You unfortunatly will have to deal with the school over the other issues, i do not envy you that, just stay strong.  Yes, as i have mentioned before home schooling is my husbands dream for our son, to save him alot of anxiety (my husband and my son) Tongue Out, i am not working so it could be a possibility.  At the moment though my son like yours really benefits from the social interaction.  He has been not wanting to go to school lately for various reasons ( the unsupervised playground is a big problem, and swimming starts this week)Frown  If his dread of school and stress levels increased.  I.e if school attendence started doing in my opinion, more harm than good i would take him out and home school him, but we are not there yet.

My mother in law leaves today Wink, i really wish she would read atleast one book on Aspergers it would be so less stressful ?!  She normally leaves thinking badly of our sons behaviour and in her opinion my husband and i cause alot of it. Yell Unfortunatly she likes to share her opinions very loudly !!

I hope you have a good weekend Rosemary, you might feel better after Monday, once you have got things said and started things moving with the school.  The timinng of the school holidays after the incident was nnot great.  not being able to do anything after that Friday has given you longer to get down and depressed over it rather that act, take care.

Have a good weekend ladies Laughing

Puffin x x 

Children
No Data