Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi Hilary,

No apologies necessary, that is why Rosemary started this thread.  Until now mainly just us , although i am sure more read it.  I am pleased you can see simalarities and that makes you feel reassured, it really does make you feel better knowing there are people out there that understand doesn't it, i know it does me!

The simple act of looking this site up in the first place shows how much you care.  You already understand his computer games are a destressing mechanism with him, which helps.  So although they may still be annoying to you at times you understand why he is playing them.

My husband loves football and motorbikesCry with a passion !!  My son loves games though!  he gets on his for a little while after school to chill out!  ( i hate that phrase, but it is exactly what my son is doing)!

Feel free to join in or start any converstion you want, the whole idea is to get it all off your chest, with people that understandSmile

puffin x

• Hi Hilary,

No apologies necessary, that is why Rosemary started this thread.  Until now mainly just us , although i am sure more read it.  I am pleased you can see simalarities and that makes you feel reassured, it really does make you feel better knowing there are people out there that understand doesn't it, i know it does me!

The simple act of looking this site up in the first place shows how much you care.  You already understand his computer games are a destressing mechanism with him, which helps.  So although they may still be annoying to you at times you understand why he is playing them.

My husband loves football and motorbikesCry with a passion !!  My son loves games though!  he gets on his for a little while after school to chill out!  ( i hate that phrase, but it is exactly what my son is doing)!

Feel free to join in or start any converstion you want, the whole idea is to get it all off your chest, with people that understandSmile

puffin x

Children
No Data