Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi there!

Sorry i have not been on line for a few days, Have busy entertaining my son in the holidays.  We have a list!  done fossil hunting, a castle tomorrow and bowling monday !  Couldn't afford the holiday this time, so feeling a bit guilty, hence the list.

With regards me being a recluse, its not really by choice.  We have moved so much and so far each move any friends i have made  i have been forced to leave behind . Started out in London ,Suffolk, France, Wales and now Scotland, any friends i had unfortunatly cannnot now nip round for tea!  I get on with everyone and hate confrontation.  I just now, the last two years with discovering more about my son and husbands Aspergers find i have hid myself away, i do not want to disclose their condition to friends as the small community is so small everyone would know.  My husband hides his condition well and he would not want to make collegues  aware.  With my son i have a need to know basis and at the moment only the school and his best friends mum need to know.  I think things could be difficult for him if i make it common knowledge, he does not want to be treated differently.  I am not convinced the other mums would fully understand. 

I dont have food aversions nor my husband but our son does unfortunatly, only two or three protein based foods.  Loves all fruit thankfully, but it can be quite difficult  to get him to try new foods .  Frown

The easter egg hunt went well, he burnt off a few calories searching for them, think he probably ate more than he used up in the end though!

Hope all is well with you.  My mother in law arrived for the week yesterday, a last minute trip, descriptions and explanations of Aspergers traits at the ready ! Cool Has freed me up long enough to get to write this to you though.Laughing

Take care,

Puffin x

• Hi there!

Sorry i have not been on line for a few days, Have busy entertaining my son in the holidays.  We have a list!  done fossil hunting, a castle tomorrow and bowling monday !  Couldn't afford the holiday this time, so feeling a bit guilty, hence the list.

With regards me being a recluse, its not really by choice.  We have moved so much and so far each move any friends i have made  i have been forced to leave behind . Started out in London ,Suffolk, France, Wales and now Scotland, any friends i had unfortunatly cannnot now nip round for tea!  I get on with everyone and hate confrontation.  I just now, the last two years with discovering more about my son and husbands Aspergers find i have hid myself away, i do not want to disclose their condition to friends as the small community is so small everyone would know.  My husband hides his condition well and he would not want to make collegues  aware.  With my son i have a need to know basis and at the moment only the school and his best friends mum need to know.  I think things could be difficult for him if i make it common knowledge, he does not want to be treated differently.  I am not convinced the other mums would fully understand. 

I dont have food aversions nor my husband but our son does unfortunatly, only two or three protein based foods.  Loves all fruit thankfully, but it can be quite difficult  to get him to try new foods .  Frown

The easter egg hunt went well, he burnt off a few calories searching for them, think he probably ate more than he used up in the end though!

Hope all is well with you.  My mother in law arrived for the week yesterday, a last minute trip, descriptions and explanations of Aspergers traits at the ready ! Cool Has freed me up long enough to get to write this to you though.Laughing

Take care,

Puffin x

Children
No Data