Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi All

Please accept my apologies for blundering into your conversation, and also if I should have posted this elsewhere - I am new here, so won't be offended if you tell me to go to another forum. I've just found this conversation, and fell so relieved and reassured that other people are going through the as me. My partner and I have been together for 4 years, and although he told me early on in the relationship that he has "some autism markers" I completely put the conversation out of my head. I have spent most of the last year convinced he is a thoughtless, selfish person who only cares about himself, and is obsessed with computer games although he has had lots of stress at work. Reading these posts and looking at autism markers has finally made me see that he does have a large number of the markers and using computer games as an escape route. I'd love any advice or thoughts from partners of adult ASD sufferers as (soppy bit now - sorry) I love my partner to bits, but was convinced the only way was out, as he can be nearly impossible to live with.

Huge apology for rambling on.

Hilary x

• Hi All

Please accept my apologies for blundering into your conversation, and also if I should have posted this elsewhere - I am new here, so won't be offended if you tell me to go to another forum. I've just found this conversation, and fell so relieved and reassured that other people are going through the as me. My partner and I have been together for 4 years, and although he told me early on in the relationship that he has "some autism markers" I completely put the conversation out of my head. I have spent most of the last year convinced he is a thoughtless, selfish person who only cares about himself, and is obsessed with computer games although he has had lots of stress at work. Reading these posts and looking at autism markers has finally made me see that he does have a large number of the markers and using computer games as an escape route. I'd love any advice or thoughts from partners of adult ASD sufferers as (soppy bit now - sorry) I love my partner to bits, but was convinced the only way was out, as he can be nearly impossible to live with.

Huge apology for rambling on.

Hilary x

Children
No Data