Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi Rosemary,

Sorry i did not get back to you, for some reason my e mail inbox did not tell me you had posted a comment?  I was wondering if all was ok, just checked the thread and saw you typed this on Tuesday?!

So what did your son do as you were trying to get him out of the door for school?

I feel exactly the same regards coping, one day i can be really upbeat and see the bright side to everything, another day it can be all doom and gloom.  I think thats normal we have alot on our shoulders, and it takes alot to see the bright side all the time, it depends on all other factors aswell, hubbies, family, school so much to deal with.  A few weeks after joining the site and receiving so much help and information for my son i actually found it all a bit much to take on,  i felt better after leaving the site for a week or two to process all i had learnt and get it all perspective. Alot to deal with when you have no one to share the load.

Hope you are feeling cheerier now. 

Take care

Puffin x  

• Hi Rosemary,

Sorry i did not get back to you, for some reason my e mail inbox did not tell me you had posted a comment?  I was wondering if all was ok, just checked the thread and saw you typed this on Tuesday?!

So what did your son do as you were trying to get him out of the door for school?

I feel exactly the same regards coping, one day i can be really upbeat and see the bright side to everything, another day it can be all doom and gloom.  I think thats normal we have alot on our shoulders, and it takes alot to see the bright side all the time, it depends on all other factors aswell, hubbies, family, school so much to deal with.  A few weeks after joining the site and receiving so much help and information for my son i actually found it all a bit much to take on,  i felt better after leaving the site for a week or two to process all i had learnt and get it all perspective. Alot to deal with when you have no one to share the load.

Hope you are feeling cheerier now. 

Take care

Puffin x  

Children
No Data