Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi Rosemary,

That sounds awful, so sorry for both your losses.  I cannot even imagine how horrible that must have been.   From what i have read though Rosemary as hard as that was for you he must have suffered too, but just could not show it and unable to support you through it Frown  bad memories indeed...

NAS have responded to me under "proposed changes to the site" and said if there is an interest (enough responses to there thread i assume) they will start a new heading "partners of Asperger suffers" but it is hard to find the thread, not really sure what to do about that, i doubt newcomers on the site would find it.

Have you ever looked at Mark Huttens website "my Aspergers child", very good and free of charge , you get sent mailings weekly regards different problems and possible solutions.  I have found it helpful, especially this weeks " going to bat for your Aspergers child, getting school to take you seriously"!

My little boy went back to school very reluuctantly today a few tears were shed ( i think mainly due to missing quite a bit of school lately with one bug or another).  I cannnot wait to have him back home after that.  His dad would love to have him home schooled ( a constant battle between us).  I feel as long as he enjoys school and it is a positive experience, he goes.  My husband is a natural born worrier and would rather have my son at home safe and happy.  To reduce my husbands anxiety mainly !  If my son did continue to not want to go to school and was unhappy for more than a few weeks i would consider  home tutoring , i am ready for that when he gets to high school age.  I just think the social interaction is good for him at the moment and he loves it (most of the time), just new events, outings are a cause of anxiety for him.   I promised him i would pick him up from school today.  

Take care,

Puffin x

• Hi Rosemary,

That sounds awful, so sorry for both your losses.  I cannot even imagine how horrible that must have been.   From what i have read though Rosemary as hard as that was for you he must have suffered too, but just could not show it and unable to support you through it Frown  bad memories indeed...

NAS have responded to me under "proposed changes to the site" and said if there is an interest (enough responses to there thread i assume) they will start a new heading "partners of Asperger suffers" but it is hard to find the thread, not really sure what to do about that, i doubt newcomers on the site would find it.

Have you ever looked at Mark Huttens website "my Aspergers child", very good and free of charge , you get sent mailings weekly regards different problems and possible solutions.  I have found it helpful, especially this weeks " going to bat for your Aspergers child, getting school to take you seriously"!

My little boy went back to school very reluuctantly today a few tears were shed ( i think mainly due to missing quite a bit of school lately with one bug or another).  I cannnot wait to have him back home after that.  His dad would love to have him home schooled ( a constant battle between us).  I feel as long as he enjoys school and it is a positive experience, he goes.  My husband is a natural born worrier and would rather have my son at home safe and happy.  To reduce my husbands anxiety mainly !  If my son did continue to not want to go to school and was unhappy for more than a few weeks i would consider  home tutoring , i am ready for that when he gets to high school age.  I just think the social interaction is good for him at the moment and he loves it (most of the time), just new events, outings are a cause of anxiety for him.   I promised him i would pick him up from school today.  

Take care,

Puffin x

Children
No Data