Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Puffin - Amen to that! ["Your aspie might not be there for you, etc"] My partner once went off to his 1st cricket match of the season whilst I was having a miscarriage [one of 2 babies I have sadly lost in the 1st trimester] and left me to pass the products of conception on my own!! He didn't even ask me if I wanted him to stay. Bad memories...

What a great idea to give the counsellor a book to read. I should have done it before so she could have some light reading on her fortnight's holiday, ha ha ha!Laughing She has had some training, but I'm not sure how much.

When I was looking for a counsellor, I emailed the NAS to ask them for their list and it took them about 2.5wks to get back to me, which is not good when you're in a crisis. I'd made alternative arrangements by then.

I'm sure Opto's absence is nothing to do with us. I wonder about the other thread though [her original one] Can't say what I am thinking.

Hope to speak soon. Love rosemary xxx

• Puffin - Amen to that! ["Your aspie might not be there for you, etc"] My partner once went off to his 1st cricket match of the season whilst I was having a miscarriage [one of 2 babies I have sadly lost in the 1st trimester] and left me to pass the products of conception on my own!! He didn't even ask me if I wanted him to stay. Bad memories...

What a great idea to give the counsellor a book to read. I should have done it before so she could have some light reading on her fortnight's holiday, ha ha ha!Laughing She has had some training, but I'm not sure how much.

When I was looking for a counsellor, I emailed the NAS to ask them for their list and it took them about 2.5wks to get back to me, which is not good when you're in a crisis. I'd made alternative arrangements by then.

I'm sure Opto's absence is nothing to do with us. I wonder about the other thread though [her original one] Can't say what I am thinking.

Hope to speak soon. Love rosemary xxx

Children
No Data