Support thread for those of us with partners/spouses with ASC-all welcome

Hello. I've been chatting to some ladies on here who are struggling in their relationships with partners who have Aspergers or high function Autism and I've noticed there seems to be a need for support. I am in the same situation and my partner and I have a little boy aged 5, who is also on the spectrum. Life has been very tough for a few years, but my partner and I have just started counselling.

I am hoping some others will hop on board so we can all share info and experience and support each other.

I haven't intended it to be exclusively for ladies by the way.

Love Rosemary xx

Parents
  • Hi Rosemary.

Don't worry you did not sound preachy, i appreciated the concern, just embarrassed at my own honesty.  Embarassed

The break from the counsellor might be for the best as you say, you can think it all over and be fully prepared for the next one. I have been looking on the internet and saw loads of books out there about being married to a Aspie and one thing that stood out was the title of one chapter in one book " your Aspie may not be there for you in a crisis" !  Sounds familiar!  Forgotton the title i will let you know later, something about 22 things you should know being married to an Aspie?!  If you could buy or borrow a book or books from the library you could give it to your counsellor to read !

She cannot help you if she does not fully understand!

I hope i have not scared Optomistic away with my earlier mailing ?! 

Puffin x

• Hi Rosemary.

Don't worry you did not sound preachy, i appreciated the concern, just embarrassed at my own honesty.  Embarassed

The break from the counsellor might be for the best as you say, you can think it all over and be fully prepared for the next one. I have been looking on the internet and saw loads of books out there about being married to a Aspie and one thing that stood out was the title of one chapter in one book " your Aspie may not be there for you in a crisis" !  Sounds familiar!  Forgotton the title i will let you know later, something about 22 things you should know being married to an Aspie?!  If you could buy or borrow a book or books from the library you could give it to your counsellor to read !

She cannot help you if she does not fully understand!

I hope i have not scared Optomistic away with my earlier mailing ?! 

Puffin x

Children
No Data