Hello (I'm a mum and wanting to find support)

Hello Wave

I have joined this forum as a way to meet other parents of children with ASD, anxiety and ALN/SEN and as a way to help feel less alone in helping my son navigate a world that he finds so challenging.

My son is 13 and I am finding that as he gets older the 'differences' between him and his peers are more marked and he's becoming more isolated (basically in his room all the time gaming, refusing to see if speak to anyone). I suppose I am looking for somewhere safe to turn when things becoming overwhelming, mostly the nights awake worrying, the constant ball of anxiety in my stomach etc. Anybody else feel this way?!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

R. 

Parents
  • Hi,

I'm new here for exactly the same reason. 

We are in the middle of what I call the kickback tonight of a very stimulating stressful day, so i really do not have the headspace to tap into the support right nowc but I do plan to start really leaning on this support system before I go completely around the proverbial bend. This moment of struggle tonight will pass and tomorrow is a new day. 

take care 

Julie :-)

• Hi,

I'm new here for exactly the same reason. 

We are in the middle of what I call the kickback tonight of a very stimulating stressful day, so i really do not have the headspace to tap into the support right nowc but I do plan to start really leaning on this support system before I go completely around the proverbial bend. This moment of struggle tonight will pass and tomorrow is a new day. 

take care 

Julie :-)

Children