Coping with my daily low mood

Hello I am a 58 year old man who was diagnosed with having autism Aspergers 3 years ago.All my life I felt something was wrong with me and as a young boy this was put down to being very quiet and shy.However as the years passed by my mood level changed and as  an adult I find it very hard to be in a happy place which has brought extreme pressure on my wife and I throughout our marriage.I tend to be short tempered and very judgemental without often knowing the facts in any situation.
I have attended therapy sessions with other like minded autistic adults and because of this I know I’m not alone in the way I behave around others but it doesn’t excuse my behaviour.Even taking anti depressants daily do little to help how I feel and act,I just felt that maybe sharing my thoughts with others in a similar situation may help me in some way.

Parents
  • I hope you're feeling a bit better now. When I feel low I always listen to feel good songs, that always kicks my mood back up. 

Some of my fave feel good songs are these. Hopefully they'll help you as well. Enjoy Slight smile

• Daydream Believer by the Monkees.
    • Come up and see me (Make me smile) Steve Harley.
    • Walking on the milky way by OMD.

Hope these help bring a smile to your face. 

• yea the Monkees Slight smile

Blue Sky by ELO

Reply Children
No Data