Hi Everyone

Hello everyone, feels good to have finally built the courage to join this community after finding out about it a few weeks ago. 

I'm an Autistic man from Manchester and struggle daily with life, I feel like I'm a massive failure and I am a little depressed. I am currently unemployed and can't see that changing soon (I have held multiple jobs, I really struggle and have had to give it up. I really wish people would understand it's not me being 'lazy' or 'a drain' but that the little of tasks make me exhausted and unable to function and so I need caring and reassuring most of the time). 

Alongside Autism, I have a few other conditions such as OCD, Eczema, Heart Disease, Hypertension and leg problems.

My interests are: Researching News articles, helping my Mum out, looking at different patterns in all different things and finally watching my team play on TV (Manchester United).

I am proud of myself for the things I do for my family even though a few of them have sniggered at me for the things I say/sometimes act and although I am lonely, I still feel pressure to change.

Sorry to write such a long post, I just don't know how to introduce myself really. I promise my next post won't be as long Slight smile

Take Care.

Parents
  • Welcome to this forum  :)

the fact that u have worked in many jobs is good and what i was like before I finally settled ( got stuck ) in my current job.

I suggest u look for part time work to see if that is any better but like u say the job market is very volatile at the moment.

I have ecezma as well and I really hate it because i have on my face and it can flare u before say a social event or a job interview.

When I get ill my ecezema also gets bad  making me feel even worse. 

I have a very small amount of "Checking OCD" and " several repeating thoughts"   but I am managing to deal them very slowly they are not as bad as they where. Again I find OCD very scary and consider it to be very disabling.

then I have autism Slight smile

• I have ecezma aswell I know whats it like when I used to have it very bad when i was a little boy, but now i don't it anymore. I am better. When I went in the sun it used to heal up completely. 

• I have ecezma aswell I know whats it like when I used to have it very bad when i was a little boy, but now i don't it anymore. I am better. When I went in the sun it used to heal up completely. 

Children
No Data