Hi to everyone

My name is Aaron. I am 64 years old. I have been diagnosed as Dyspraxic when I was about 35. As well I have had long term mental health illness.  I have been browsing and studying stuff online about Dyspraxia Mental Health and also Autism.  I feel I am in a new stage of learning.  It has been so good to see so many people with the above and combinations of the above talking and also reading what people say. I feel so touched by it all.  As well I am only just learning how often people with learning difficulties or disabilities also have mental health problems. I did not know how common Dyspraxia is within the autistic spectrum.  As well stuff like fear of textures foods types plus sensory overloads.  As well, attention problems and ADD. Also there is the subject of alexithymia which I feel that if I told my own story I don’t know if it would fit or be even more strange to some.
I suppose I want to read talk and learn.  From my own history I am not sure whether I am autistic or not.  One online test was yes definitely, another was no and two more nearly.   To be honest I am aghast at all the stuff I am learning from you guys.  I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia in the mid 90s and yes I understood some of it then but with all the resources and lived experiences which are accessible online I feel I am on a new journey.  Love to you all.
Parents
  • I have autism and ADHD ------- and   dyslexia ( not a problem within IT ).

I have started retaking coffee ( caffeine )  again to see if that helps the ADHD. Might make no difference. 

have u any tips on controling add/adhd ?

• Hi to be honest I don’t know.  I have ADD, I practiced meditation for   30 years. I was informed it is not in itself concentration but that it would help develop concentration. It has been useful and good in ways but my ADD is still the same. Some say that types of medication can help.

• yes thats the one things i found very useful  --- i do a range of meditations 

walking (25% of my meditation time approx)

breath counting (35%)

thought labelling (20%)

mantra(15%) 

focusing on an object ( "candle staring" ) 5%

what do u use ?  just curious.

• we have a lot in common i read Zen ( where mindfulness comes from ) stuff everyday and recognise everything you just said.

The last sentence is me for sure. 

"still learning still not getting it right"  but i am continuing on my path where ever it takes me Slight smile

• we have a lot in common i read Zen ( where mindfulness comes from ) stuff everyday and recognise everything you just said.

The last sentence is me for sure. 

"still learning still not getting it right"  but i am continuing on my path where ever it takes me Slight smile

Children
No Data