Hello from Bonnie Scotland!

Where to start...

Hello peeps!

I'm really not a great people person, not even sure if this is a good idea, but hey, gotta start somewhere.  I was diagnosed(ASD) initially when i was 15, and again at 27 when i caused a bit of a hoo-ha, so i guess there's no point trying to convince myself it isn't true.  People have been moaning at me for years that i need to get out more, make new friends, find new hobbies and get off the computer.  They seem to think its just as easy as that, it might well be as easy as that for them, but it really isn't for me! I'm sure they mean well, as i do crave friendships/companionship etc, it just doesn't work out as i hope and after so many failures in the past i kind of gave up and resigned myself to being alone forever.

I've got a weird sense of humour that most people don't get, i get anxious around people i don't know, and even groups of people i do know. I never initiate anything, no matter how much i want to say anything, I'll go along with anything even if i think its a bad idea just to fit in(the hoo-ha from above). What's not to love?!

I was just googling face to face groups for people of the spectrum when i found this site, hoping to find like minded people, not to say i'd find the courage to turn up of course. I guess this is a safer start for me.  With any luck, there's another weirdo like myself here waiting for me... it could happen!

Lets hope this is goes better than im expecting.

(P.S)I realised after typing all that, i haven't really shared anything about myself... It has been years since ive spoken to anybody properly so i guess i need some practice.

D.

Parents Reply Children
No Data