Reactions too strong?

Does anyone else find workplaces difficult in terms of apparently ordinary interactions? 

At work last night a colleague said something and it felt like my world ended.  I know intellectually that nothing was wrong but I felt like I wanted to die.
It passed and I am glad I did mot assault  them, resign or kill myself.   I feel as if I am not ‘cut out’ for life sometimes.  I have been in this job for eight years full time and I pay the mortgage etc but occasionally  I feel as if I am being tortured - temporarily - in a strange type of cage.

Is this over sensitive reaction autism or just what it’s like to be an ordinary human? 

Parents
  • I find it difficult to gauge the level i should react , often over or under reacting ,which means being taken advantage of or losing out or feeling guilty over causing upset. It is like i start from a different place .   It would be good to be someone else for a day ,so you could see how other people think and see the world , or maybe a few different people.

• I find it difficult to gauge the level i should react , often over or under reacting ,which means being taken advantage of or losing out or feeling guilty over causing upset. It is like i start from a different place .   It would be good to be someone else for a day ,so you could see how other people think and see the world , or maybe a few different people.

Children