Reactions too strong?

Does anyone else find workplaces difficult in terms of apparently ordinary interactions? 

At work last night a colleague said something and it felt like my world ended.  I know intellectually that nothing was wrong but I felt like I wanted to die.
It passed and I am glad I did mot assault  them, resign or kill myself.   I feel as if I am not ‘cut out’ for life sometimes.  I have been in this job for eight years full time and I pay the mortgage etc but occasionally  I feel as if I am being tortured - temporarily - in a strange type of cage.

Is this over sensitive reaction autism or just what it’s like to be an ordinary human? 

Parents
  • yes this is a very common reaction and something autistics have to try to get better at --- not overacting

i have lost jobs due to this very issue and in my current job it came up again so I knew the problem is me not the people around me not some else or something else 

the problem is me. I am the ass.

------------------------------------------

the solution is to become more aware of your thoughts as they arise and then try to not react to the ones that may trigger your reaction

this is very hard to do and only achievable from starting to do regular  meditations (awareness, following breath then labelling meditation)

-------------------------------------------

yes it is over sensitive autism and all humans with/without autism  can also suffer from this same condition 

sorry this is a bit preachy, but i have so been there and it hurs me to see it happening to others....................................... but it so happens i am now delivering lessons on these techniques to autistics in here on an individual basis.

So many people have this issue and u can fix it.

I cant fix u. i can only point u in the right direction. u have to do it 

• yes this is a very common reaction and something autistics have to try to get better at --- not overacting

i have lost jobs due to this very issue and in my current job it came up again so I knew the problem is me not the people around me not some else or something else 

the problem is me. I am the ass.

------------------------------------------

the solution is to become more aware of your thoughts as they arise and then try to not react to the ones that may trigger your reaction

this is very hard to do and only achievable from starting to do regular  meditations (awareness, following breath then labelling meditation)

-------------------------------------------

yes it is over sensitive autism and all humans with/without autism  can also suffer from this same condition 

sorry this is a bit preachy, but i have so been there and it hurs me to see it happening to others....................................... but it so happens i am now delivering lessons on these techniques to autistics in here on an individual basis.

So many people have this issue and u can fix it.

I cant fix u. i can only point u in the right direction. u have to do it 

Children
No Data