Hello

Hello. I'm new here, been on the spectrum all my life and now in mid 20s and finding it really hard. I can't hold down a job. I struggle with loud noises and I'm pregnant so a bit worried about the baby in case I'm a rubbish mum. Another problem is that people use me and bully me and no one wants to help me. I have a counselor but he's not very helpful. I have a lot of issues and I'm worried in case I'm not good enough for my baby. 

Parents
  • Hi there. Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are finding things hard at the moment. I have two children and found it hard bringing them up, but it's about not feeling you have to be super mum. I found a few people to support me and stayed away from most people - or they stayed away from me. 

When is your baby due? Do you have some time to help get yourself into a better place before your baby arrives. Do you have a local perinatal mental health service? They can be really useful to get you more support before your baby arrives and also after they have arrived. I had six weeks in a perinatal mental health unit after my second child, which was scary at the time but really helped me get through it. Like Aidie has mentioned, I hope you have some support at home.

Take care of yourself and your baby.

• Hi there. Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are finding things hard at the moment. I have two children and found it hard bringing them up, but it's about not feeling you have to be super mum. I found a few people to support me and stayed away from most people - or they stayed away from me. 

When is your baby due? Do you have some time to help get yourself into a better place before your baby arrives. Do you have a local perinatal mental health service? They can be really useful to get you more support before your baby arrives and also after they have arrived. I had six weeks in a perinatal mental health unit after my second child, which was scary at the time but really helped me get through it. Like Aidie has mentioned, I hope you have some support at home.

Take care of yourself and your baby.

Children
No Data