Separation

Looking back on life I realise that everytime I struggle with a friendship, instead of resolving issues that will take potentially repeated awkward conversations and manoeuvres, I just avoid them and move on.

Does this ring any bells for anyone else? Or is that just specific to me?

One friend in particular turned out to be quite narcissistic, but I hadn't realised for the 2/3 years we were friends. When I realised I moved on quickly, but he continues to chase contact with me not understanding why I vanished. No matter what I do I can't bring myself to confront the situation. That was 10 years ago and still vexes me constantly cycling through my mind.

My partner thinks I just need to deal with it but I can't

Parents
  • Hi JT

I'm exactly the same I find it extremely hard to maintain friendships with people and just maintain contact I just never know what to say, I've had one long term relationship for 2 years that ended in September. 

There's a part of that wants to be able to have and maintain friendships but at the same time its just SOOO hard for me to do and because of narrow interest there's not many people I've come across that like the same things as me. I do tend to get on better with girls and women even though I'm a guy they just seem to always be nicer to me.

I can't really give you advice with your problems because I wouldn't know the first thing to do myself lol but hopefully you don't feel so alone and you know you're not the alone one.

• Hi JT

I'm exactly the same I find it extremely hard to maintain friendships with people and just maintain contact I just never know what to say, I've had one long term relationship for 2 years that ended in September. 

There's a part of that wants to be able to have and maintain friendships but at the same time its just SOOO hard for me to do and because of narrow interest there's not many people I've come across that like the same things as me. I do tend to get on better with girls and women even though I'm a guy they just seem to always be nicer to me.

I can't really give you advice with your problems because I wouldn't know the first thing to do myself lol but hopefully you don't feel so alone and you know you're not the alone one.

Children
No Data