Bored... Depressed, sad and lonely... lol

Hello everyone.

I have joined here, hoping to meet so nice people and make friends  and be friends in real life and not just online.

I suffer from depression.

I have no friends... Well I have one person that says they are my friend

According to an online test clinical-partners.co.uk I am 21 one on the autism/Asperger's score.

I personally think my autism is mild.

I don't like people... I hate being with people. I find it very very very hard to meet people and make friends as I do not trust people. I have trust issues.

But at the same time, I really want to meet people and make friends.

I am 44 years old. I have recently been divorced. I suffer from depression... And I really do not like being depressed and sad... And being constantly emotional.

I have joined this community... To make friends... to Try and help people.. at the same time get help myself by talking to a real human being... Someone who is on the same wavelength as me on this autism spectrum/journey.

I don't know... I just want to feel like a human being and be happy and at the same time try and make someone happy. Innocent

Parents
  • Hiya Tux - welcome to the forum.

I was diagnosed in my 40s - so what your going through is not uncommon.  Smiley

What you're finding is you're dealing with the wrong people.      I'm pretty sure that if you found people on your wavelength you'd have loads of friends.    If you're in the very high functioning / Asperger's end of the spectrum, you might want to examine your childhood and look at all the hobbies and interests you had back then - they excited you.    

All you need to do now is look for the grown-up version - and odds are, all the people doing it are going to be very similar to you.   I'm in model groups, Lego associations, classic car clubs - stuffed full of nice, welcoming people.

• I absolutely LOVE this wavelength concept - I've seen you express it a few times and... I'm going to properly steal it! ;)

Also a Lego group would be amazing. 

I've heard it said in the past, 80% of (whatever you're trying to do - find friends, learn something new) is just showing up.  A commitment to a kind of group one feels akin toward is always one of the best ways of connexion. of course I do wish I'd had the tools when I was younger to communicate a little better!

• Go for it!      

If you're into Lego, look at Brickish  https://brickish.org/  they organise get-togethers, competitions, Legoland visits - all ages welcome.      There may be a local group to you.

You're absolutely right about just turning up - we have quite a few members turning up to our Meetups that are more into sitting and listening-  obviously very shy - but we do our best to engage with them.

• Just next to Windsor Castle.

Reply Children
No Data