Behaviour

Hi Everyone

Am a mum of a 19 year old young man.

We are struggling with some behavioural issues currently which is socially challenging.

He loves to be involved in everybody’s life especially the neighbours and would get really stressed out and aggressive when he has not been invited to any gatherings.  He talks to the neighbours through the windows, interfering in everything. He gets especially angry when he has not been invited into parties and would keep hanging around the fence pretending to make a conversation.

Do I explain to the neighbours what his condition is?

I have tried to explain to him using social stories that he behaviour is socially inappropriate but he does not really understand, this leads to aggressive behaviour towards me.

I have tried all strategies I know and none seem to work.

has any experienced a similar behaviour and what have they tried that worked.

thanks Pray 

Parents
  • ^^^^^^^  What Peter says - it sounds like he's absolutely desperate for friends and interaction but has not been introduced to a normal social life - and people saying no seems irrationally unfair to him - in his eyes.       If he's getting aggressive to get his own way, that won't work very well with others.   Has he been over-sheltered from the world?

What childhood hobbies did he have?    Try finding the adult equivalent and see if he can interact with others with similar interests.

• ^^^^^^^  What Peter says - it sounds like he's absolutely desperate for friends and interaction but has not been introduced to a normal social life - and people saying no seems irrationally unfair to him - in his eyes.       If he's getting aggressive to get his own way, that won't work very well with others.   Has he been over-sheltered from the world?

What childhood hobbies did he have?    Try finding the adult equivalent and see if he can interact with others with similar interests.

Children
No Data