Hello

Hello, 

I identify as autistic and currently I am going through the referral process for a diagnosis. I wanted to join this community as I would like to connect with other autistic people, I also have a strong passion for autism.

Parents Reply Children
  • Yeah that is just one example - it could also be about how autistic people experience cities. For instance, because of the vast heterogeneity of autistic experience, some people might be able to navigate cities quite easily, whereas others may need to take certain precautions so that they aren't overloaded with sensory data - myself, I wear headphones to drown out some of the noise in cities.

• It’s interesting you are writing a report about masking. As a female working in an office I had to do that daily. Absolutely exhausting thing to have to do all the time. Especially when you know your starting to combust and you have to style it out until you get home. 

ive worked from home for over a year due to covid the idea of having to mask again for long periods is now a real struggle I don’t know how I will manage it again.

it’s definitely an interesting topic

• How do you combine the two interests? Do you mean in terms of how autistic people perceive cities?

• Cities are one of my main interest areas although I am now combining that with my interest in autism and viewing the two together!