Very late diagnosis

Hi,  I was diagnosed in 2019 at age 67.   

I struggle on a daily basis with certain autistic traits and with physical and mental health issues. 

Lockdown has made everything worse. 

I had to withdraw from Facebook as I was overwhelmed but really miss interaction.  

I hope to find some empathy here.

Looking forward to being part of the community here.  Blush

Parents
  • I only "discovered" my autism in 2019 as well (I am 61). It was an eye opener and made sense as to my behaviours and mental health over all the previous years.

I wish I had known this a long time ago and changes could have been made to many things. People around me would have known why I had the behaviours that I did, I wasn't just anti-social. Could have saved my marriage which failed in 2019 as well, most importantly.

• I only "discovered" my autism in 2019 as well (I am 61). It was an eye opener and made sense as to my behaviours and mental health over all the previous years.

I wish I had known this a long time ago and changes could have been made to many things. People around me would have known why I had the behaviours that I did, I wasn't just anti-social. Could have saved my marriage which failed in 2019 as well, most importantly.

Children
No Data