Very late diagnosis

Hi,  I was diagnosed in 2019 at age 67.   

I struggle on a daily basis with certain autistic traits and with physical and mental health issues. 

Lockdown has made everything worse. 

I had to withdraw from Facebook as I was overwhelmed but really miss interaction.  

I hope to find some empathy here.

Looking forward to being part of the community here.  Blush

Parents
  • Hello nananina, I too was officially diagnosed at 67 (am now 68).  I'd been self-diagnosed for many years but  official recognition from a qualified professional made  all the difference.   I'm still fitting pieces together and coming to understand past events so much better.  Have yet to 'come-out' to family and friends, so for the time being this is 'my' autism, and 'it' and me are getting along just fine. I'm not on social media, but am a long-time member of another forum similar to this one (Not ASD) and have gained much from it.

Ben

• Hello nananina, I too was officially diagnosed at 67 (am now 68).  I'd been self-diagnosed for many years but  official recognition from a qualified professional made  all the difference.   I'm still fitting pieces together and coming to understand past events so much better.  Have yet to 'come-out' to family and friends, so for the time being this is 'my' autism, and 'it' and me are getting along just fine. I'm not on social media, but am a long-time member of another forum similar to this one (Not ASD) and have gained much from it.

Ben

Children
No Data