Very late diagnosis

Hi,  I was diagnosed in 2019 at age 67.   

I struggle on a daily basis with certain autistic traits and with physical and mental health issues. 

Lockdown has made everything worse. 

I had to withdraw from Facebook as I was overwhelmed but really miss interaction.  

I hope to find some empathy here.

Looking forward to being part of the community here.  Blush

Parents
  • Welcome!

I was 62 when diagnosed.  Now drawing my state pension.  I think retired autistic people are somewhat a forgotten sector.  Past the age of 18 help for autistic people seems to get ever less.

But autism is for life, not just for children. And older autistic people have a wealth of experience of how they have confronted life's problems.

I find that retirement has meant that I can now be my own person a lot more, with not so much interference from others.  Help is always welcome, but many cannot recognise the difference between help and interference. My physical health is not such that it prevents me doing many things, although I suffer from painful arthritis and heart problems.

• Welcome!

I was 62 when diagnosed.  Now drawing my state pension.  I think retired autistic people are somewhat a forgotten sector.  Past the age of 18 help for autistic people seems to get ever less.

But autism is for life, not just for children. And older autistic people have a wealth of experience of how they have confronted life's problems.

I find that retirement has meant that I can now be my own person a lot more, with not so much interference from others.  Help is always welcome, but many cannot recognise the difference between help and interference. My physical health is not such that it prevents me doing many things, although I suffer from painful arthritis and heart problems.

Children
No Data