Very late diagnosis

Hi,  I was diagnosed in 2019 at age 67.   

I struggle on a daily basis with certain autistic traits and with physical and mental health issues. 

Lockdown has made everything worse. 

I had to withdraw from Facebook as I was overwhelmed but really miss interaction.  

I hope to find some empathy here.

Looking forward to being part of the community here.  Blush

Parents
  • Big hello! I'm in my forties and still awaiting my assessment (hopefully later this year). 

I get overwhelmed by social media too and have to take a break and I had to give up Twitter entirely. Sometimes I go through and unfollow (rather than unfriend) with lots of people or groups on Facebook because I just can't handle their stuff suddenly popping up on my news feed. I will go and check in with their profiles still, but I'll only do it when I feel I can handle it rather than get surprised by it. 

Welcome to the forum :) 

• Big hello! I'm in my forties and still awaiting my assessment (hopefully later this year). 

I get overwhelmed by social media too and have to take a break and I had to give up Twitter entirely. Sometimes I go through and unfollow (rather than unfriend) with lots of people or groups on Facebook because I just can't handle their stuff suddenly popping up on my news feed. I will go and check in with their profiles still, but I'll only do it when I feel I can handle it rather than get surprised by it. 

Welcome to the forum :) 

Children
No Data