Very late diagnosis

Hi,  I was diagnosed in 2019 at age 67.   

I struggle on a daily basis with certain autistic traits and with physical and mental health issues. 

Lockdown has made everything worse. 

I had to withdraw from Facebook as I was overwhelmed but really miss interaction.  

I hope to find some empathy here.

Looking forward to being part of the community here.  Blush

Parents
  • Hi Nananina, I have just been diagnosed at age 56, so a whole lot of past to work through with this new knowledge about myself.

It feels like I have not only been 'masking' (not always successfully) with other people, but have also been with myself. It's a weird feeling.

I try not to use Facebook much - it mostly makes me feel more isolated and anxious - am definitely missing seeing people I know and being out and about like I would pre lockdown.

I am lucky that I have some lockdown work at home to keep me busy and distracted, away from overloading my brain, but I can appreciate how difficult you are finding things.

Take care of yourself, it will get better soon hopefully.

• Hi Nananina, I have just been diagnosed at age 56, so a whole lot of past to work through with this new knowledge about myself.

It feels like I have not only been 'masking' (not always successfully) with other people, but have also been with myself. It's a weird feeling.

I try not to use Facebook much - it mostly makes me feel more isolated and anxious - am definitely missing seeing people I know and being out and about like I would pre lockdown.

I am lucky that I have some lockdown work at home to keep me busy and distracted, away from overloading my brain, but I can appreciate how difficult you are finding things.

Take care of yourself, it will get better soon hopefully.

Children
No Data