Hello advice about ADOS assessment please

Hi I’m new to this site, I’ve had a good look around but I can’t seem to find the answer to the question I have.  My son was diagnosed with Autism in December 2020 he was 13 at the time and has now just turned 14.  He is a great child but suffers terribly from anxiety and like many not great with the social aspect of life.  My question is we were just told over a video call that he has autism and they can’t do anything else to help so thanks and goodbye basically.  When the letter arrived again it stated autism with a high score of 10.  I have no idea what this means could anyone help? Also should I have received a copy of the ADOS assessment report? I feel if I know what he was assessed on maybe the score would make more sense. Anybody who has an idea I’d be grateful as school is asking what type of autism and how bad? To me he’s just the same so I don’t know. Thanks

Parents
  • I couldn't find out much about the scores to be honest - I got a score of 7 and it said on my report ADOS-2 classification = Autistic Spectrum. My other test results were AQ=41 and EQ=7 (I didn't do the RQ test)

• I couldn't find out much about the scores to be honest - I got a score of 7 and it said on my report ADOS-2 classification = Autistic Spectrum. My other test results were AQ=41 and EQ=7 (I didn't do the RQ test)

Children

Regarding scores of up to 10 according to some sources and more than 10 according to others, I called the NAS helpline thinking it might be something like the Autistic Quotient (AQ)50 Test being abridged to become the AQ10 Test, possibly.

The NAS team did not know so they advised me to ask the Lorna Wing Diagnostic Centre ~ so I have and I will let everyone here and elsewhere know as it is question asked on other website forums too.