Hello advice about ADOS assessment please

Hi I’m new to this site, I’ve had a good look around but I can’t seem to find the answer to the question I have.  My son was diagnosed with Autism in December 2020 he was 13 at the time and has now just turned 14.  He is a great child but suffers terribly from anxiety and like many not great with the social aspect of life.  My question is we were just told over a video call that he has autism and they can’t do anything else to help so thanks and goodbye basically.  When the letter arrived again it stated autism with a high score of 10.  I have no idea what this means could anyone help? Also should I have received a copy of the ADOS assessment report? I feel if I know what he was assessed on maybe the score would make more sense. Anybody who has an idea I’d be grateful as school is asking what type of autism and how bad? To me he’s just the same so I don’t know. Thanks

Parents
  • Thank you for your help and I will look into the link you’ve provided plus the book. Where I am in Lincolnshire there are no local support groups and the medical professionals have said they have no services in place anymore except CAMHS which we’ve already been too for his anxiety but  due to Covid we’re taken off the list except if their is an emergency.

• Thank you for your help and I will look into the link you’ve provided plus the book. Where I am in Lincolnshire there are no local support groups and the medical professionals have said they have no services in place anymore except CAMHS which we’ve already been too for his anxiety but  due to Covid we’re taken off the list except if their is an emergency.

Children
No Data