Recent diagnoses

Hello! I was diagnosed with autism very recently, it’s been a bit of a strange time for me, as I’m 17 so the diagnoses is pretty late.

I wondered if anyone else was diagnosed late (late teens, and onwards)  and what they did after getting diagnosed.

Im not sure how to tell people, even though I do want to tell people, and I’m not really sure how I feel!

But I’ve been reading through some of the posts on this page and everyone seems very lovely, so it’s nice to be a part of such a wonderful community.

Megs x

Parents
  • Wait until u feel strong and sure in yourself --- be careful who you tell, the reaction u get may get ranges from "ok" to "no you're not" to silence or out right rejection. If u are working tell only those who need to know and again wait a bit until you are more stable

• Wait until u feel strong and sure in yourself --- be careful who you tell, the reaction u get may get ranges from "ok" to "no you're not" to silence or out right rejection. If u are working tell only those who need to know and again wait a bit until you are more stable

Children
No Data