I'm not sure whether to be assessed for a formal diagnosis.

Hi, im Ruth and now 51.  My niece has recently been diagnosed with Autism.  Her behaviours and triggers are very similar to how i was as a child but  i was called 'difficult',  forward,  , 'creative' and then as a teen, rebellious. I do think I'm autistic.  It makes so much sense.  But, after having been bullied and abused, I'm now in a good place.  But, I still mess up.  Am still often misunderstood.  What I'm worried about is that having a diagnosis will make me relive the past, I suppose.  

Parents
  • Hello Ruth welcome to the forum I recently got diagnosed with autism 3 months ago at 34 for me I was pretty sure I was autistic but not knowing for sure was driving me crazy so getting an answer did me really good hope you come to peace with whatever you decide.

• Hello Ruth welcome to the forum I recently got diagnosed with autism 3 months ago at 34 for me I was pretty sure I was autistic but not knowing for sure was driving me crazy so getting an answer did me really good hope you come to peace with whatever you decide.

Children
No Data