Introduction!

Hello, I am new here!

I am Alexandrine, 33yo, living in Oxford. Occupations are Electrical design engineer in the research for nuclear fusion energy and local politician.

I have been diagnosed last year. My special interests are activism to set the world right, video games, and medical stuff.

Still a bit struggling with acceptance, kinda sad to not be able to fit it as I am very aware of my difficulty and it has a toll on my mental health. Working from home has been a blessing but social events on Zoom are a harsh reminder of reality. But that's life I guess. 

Anyway, happy to be in touch with whoever want to ! Slight smile

Parents
  • Welcome aboard!

I'm a fusion enthusiast - I was looking to move to the JET and MAST projects a few years ago.  I took an early retirement package instead.    What are you into?

I was only diagnosed in my early 40s - it's easy to hide in plain sight in the high-tech industries.  Smiley

• Oh we could have been colleagues then, nice to meet you Slight smile

• I visited a few times - I had some colleagues who went to work there for the MAST upgrade a few years ago and another went to work on keeping JET going - just at the point where they were making decisions on its future - tickle it along keeping the dose levels down for the maintenance or thrash it for the data but that would make entry into the toroid much more difficult.      

I went all around MAST when it was in bits and stood on top of the big 'bean tin' chamber during the rebuild.

• He's probably talking about a Tesla Coil - lots of high voltage sparks - very steam-punk! Smiley

The stuff I was playing with uses vacuums better than space and magnetic fields larger than the Earth's and Mega-Watt power supplies.   Proper Big Boy's Toys!  Smiley

• I think he may have tried to make a mini one of those at some point. He asked me to take him to b&q and Maplins so he could buy a load of stuff that sounds vaguely similar to springs / coils / accelerator - I'll ask him and get back to you Slight smile

• I think he may have tried to make a mini one of those at some point. He asked me to take him to b&q and Maplins so he could buy a load of stuff that sounds vaguely similar to springs / coils / accelerator - I'll ask him and get back to you Slight smile

Children
  • He's probably talking about a Tesla Coil - lots of high voltage sparks - very steam-punk! Smiley

The stuff I was playing with uses vacuums better than space and magnetic fields larger than the Earth's and Mega-Watt power supplies.   Proper Big Boy's Toys!  Smiley