Struggling

Hi I'm Marilyn. I have asd which they diagnosed when I was about 13. I'm now 24 but I am struggling really bad and need help and advice so please bear with me in the next bit. I am struggling with voices and thoughts. I've spoken to professionals but they detained me under the mental health act so I had to lie to get home again. The voices and thoughts are still with me and feel like they are getting worse and I don't know what to do about it. I'm supposed to see a professional on Tuesday but I'm scared of being detained again. The really worrying thing is that I keep getting thoughts to hurt others and controlling those is hard work. I also struggling with my baby which is just a nightmare and I think I have a personality problem as I seem to be balancing two lives. I have a job but I think I'll lose it soon as I'm never there, to afraid to leave the house. I feel like I'm nearly at breaking point now and am scared of what will happen when I hit the breaking point. I need help and soon but I don't trust anyone and struggling to open up face to face now.

• Hi Marilyn, I'm sorry you're going through this.

On Tuesday the professional will want to know about the voices and their intentions; if you're not in a place where you are acting upon thoughts of harming yourself, your little one or others then you're not likely to be sectioned.

How old is your little one? Did the voices come on after they were born? You might be experiencing a condition related to having your baby, it doesn't mean you're a bad mum or incapable it's just something that happens to some women and it can be treated. 

On Tuesday it's important to be as honest as you can with the professional as that can help them to help you best. You might want to do some things like write down what the voices said and then a bit about what you did instead to get you through that episode. This will help the professional see what coping skills you have and what support they should be putting in place for you. 

No one wants to take a mum away from her baby, not even for a short length of time so anything you can do to help the professional see how they can help you stay where you are will be a good thing. If you struggle write down what you're struggling with and then they can see about getting help. Things like do you manage money, are you sure you're getting all you're entitled to in terms of financial support for your baby, can you manage the baby and the shopping, is any particular time of day hard for you, anything at all.

Don't worry about asking for help, my sister had a condition called "post partum psychosis", she needed a lot of support but her baby is 16 now and they're both fine. The condition didn't come back in her next pregnancies either but she did get support to prevent it. 

• hi Marilyn

we have talked before  havent we ? 

who looked after your child the last time u where detained? how long where u detained ?

the issues with bad voices in your head is that mental issue  is linked to more serious mental conditions such as schizophrenia and psychosis 

but they may be part of your ASD or you have developed OCD and just needs to be managed.  see link below

So you need help to work out if this is ASD or that something else is developing. .

On good side u haven't hurt anyone --- the question is would u really  ?  if not then relax a bit  

The professional is seeing you on Tuesday. You have to see them to sort this once and for all.

The sooner you get help the easier this is to fix. 

To prepare, why not write down all thats going on in your head to hand to them ( the Tuesday professional )  or to email to them.

Think of Tuesday as the day things are going to get fixed.

hope this helps 

https://www.camhsnorthderbyshire.nhs.uk/anxiety-in-asd-2  read the section about ASD and voices

• I didn't reply because I was not sure what to write. Your situation sounds frightening. 

Can you try one of those online counselling where you type rather than speak face to face?

What can you do to focus your thoughts away from the voices ? Binge watch something ?