Wandering if I could have an opinion on autism

Hi I'm LJ I've been looking at this site for a few months now and after a not great day I thought I'd try and put something on here. I dont really know how to put all this down so bare with me. So I read maybe a book a day, I'm very much a loner who likes my own company, I hate social interactions I become very anxious. I cant make on the moment decisions, my partner has to give me a days notice really if she wants to do anything, I have to get my head round things. I dont really have any feelings towards people, my uncle had a heart attack not long back and I felt nothing. I struggle voicing what I think or feel. I need routines and I like things done the same way. I became aware of autism in a character I was reading and I could relate. I become very anxious about things that i struggle to get my words out. I went to the doctor about this and he sent me for counselling which has helped a bit. She agreed with the autism traits but didn't want to confirm. I did an online test and it said that I was, but i dont know to trust that or not. I've not told anybody about this apart from my partner who is very supportive. But I told my only friend and 3 weeks later I've not had a response which I think had made me a bit well I dont know. So I was wandering if from your knowledge that you think autism sounds correct. I think I'd feel at ease a bit without keep trying to fit in and I can relax a bit more if this makes sense. Sorry I know I've gone on a bit.

Parents
  • Okay I tap. I tap my forehead or I pat my chest. Also it mainly 3 times. If I overthink or get anxious. I also rock on my feet from side to side. That one drives my partner potty though sometimes. 

• wow, there u go, add that to your list !

• Ha ok light doesn't affect me but noises do. I hate loud noises even sweeping brushes outside(when my partner cleans outside) I cant stop from hearing the noise and they seem so loud. If I cant do something I get frustrated but I dont get angry. I get anxious if people get angry. My family is ok they dont know I've had counselling or any of my concerns. I dont think they would believe me.

• Ha ok light doesn't affect me but noises do. I hate loud noises even sweeping brushes outside(when my partner cleans outside) I cant stop from hearing the noise and they seem so loud. If I cant do something I get frustrated but I dont get angry. I get anxious if people get angry. My family is ok they dont know I've had counselling or any of my concerns. I dont think they would believe me.

Children