Wandering if I could have an opinion on autism

Hi I'm LJ I've been looking at this site for a few months now and after a not great day I thought I'd try and put something on here. I dont really know how to put all this down so bare with me. So I read maybe a book a day, I'm very much a loner who likes my own company, I hate social interactions I become very anxious. I cant make on the moment decisions, my partner has to give me a days notice really if she wants to do anything, I have to get my head round things. I dont really have any feelings towards people, my uncle had a heart attack not long back and I felt nothing. I struggle voicing what I think or feel. I need routines and I like things done the same way. I became aware of autism in a character I was reading and I could relate. I become very anxious about things that i struggle to get my words out. I went to the doctor about this and he sent me for counselling which has helped a bit. She agreed with the autism traits but didn't want to confirm. I did an online test and it said that I was, but i dont know to trust that or not. I've not told anybody about this apart from my partner who is very supportive. But I told my only friend and 3 weeks later I've not had a response which I think had made me a bit well I dont know. So I was wandering if from your knowledge that you think autism sounds correct. I think I'd feel at ease a bit without keep trying to fit in and I can relax a bit more if this makes sense. Sorry I know I've gone on a bit.

Parents Reply
  • It's like actions you do over and over (sometimes without realising) if you're stressed or overwhelmed. Some people rock, some people flap their hands, play with elastic bands, anything really can be a stim.

I rock, rub my feet together and roll elastic bands into spirals. I'm sure I have others but those are the ones I'm aware of.

Children
No Data