Not exactly new - but it’s been a while

It’s been a few months since I was last here. So I thought I’d post as a ‘newbie’ as I’m sure loads have joined since I last posted.

I guess my hope is to meet people similar to me - I’d like to say friendships but I’m terrible on a social level so I don’t want to set the bar too high! I’ve been told I’m good at listening and advice and if there’s a clear topic I’m usually ok in conversation. I’m really keen to try to chat to new people at least!

I guess to describe myself - I’m a bit weird, but aren’t we all in our own way? I like history, aviation, wildlife, some tv, some books - I can’t say this advert for myself is doing me any favours! 

All the same is anyone wants to chat I’m here Slight smile

Parents
  • Hello. 

What kind of wildlife do you like? I know you may like wildlife in general, but is there a specific kind you're the keenest on? 

• Broadly all wildlife, I’ve grown attached to a friendly family of swans - and I have a huge passion for saving hedgehogs! Are you into wildlife too? 

• do u save them the hedgehogs yourself ? they are pretty endangered so u're doing something great. They are quite a rare animal now where I live and I used to see them more when younger.

• That’s a big issue for hedgehogs in particular. I love the concept of I-DOT but the Wildlife Aid Foundation  in particular are amazing. They have loads of wildlife rescues on YouTube Slight smile

• I’ve checked I-DOT and learnt something new Slight smile I’ve always thought crushing tin cans just saves space in the bin. But I learnt that it prevents wildlife into getting inside while looking for food.  Makes sense but somehow I’ve never thought about that.

• There’s a wildlife rescue place called Wildlife aid - they launched a scheme called I-DOT (I do one thing) - essentially a challenge to do one thing a day to help wildlife or the environment. It could be as simple as picking up a piece of litter, or turning the tsp off whilst brushing your teeth - one action a day - multiply that by 365 a year... you can do your but that’s way. There’s more about I-DOT. Online if you search it.

if you want to do more but without others and have a garden - you can turn that into a good wildlife environment.

alternatively after lockdown you may be able to find groups in your local area. 

if you want any tips or advice, just drop me a private message and I’ll do what I can Slight smile

• working in conservation and out in nature would help reduce your anxiety so please force yourself to join such organisations. 

Reply Children
No Data