trees talk without discrimination

Nature provides wisdom and comfort

Parents
  • Trees are constant, solid and round. They are always there for you to hug unless other people get in the way. Most importantly, all trees are different so you can look around and find the best one to hug. Trees <3

• welcome to this forum

I read your profile and have provided you with the overplan in getting a diagnosis and added my own tips

from profile : cover the green camera LED with small piece of blue tack or even better a small piece of paper from the stick edge of a Post It/sticky note. Have the camera on when doing this to make sure the camera isnt covered. IN my meetings I keep the camera off because i find it make me anxious/not concentrate/play up when in a meeting.

right here is the plan. click on the image to make it bigger. You can read Asperger,s as Autism. 

here are my extra notes

Make a list of reasons why u think u are autistic.

include relatives in your family who are autistic or adhd or called weird/different

and a list of occasions when u have been called weird, autistic, different

the list should be electronic ie so you can email it.

Print out a copy and hand to your doctor when u go to ask for an autism assessment

• How do I make an appointment with a GP? It would be nice if I could go as just me without my mum.

My cousin (5 years younger than me) has autism and my mum had(/has - she still gets upset easily) depression

I wish that I could access the videos on the website for the girl with the curly hair (but paywall) :'(

• I never talk to her about important stuff unless I am forced to (e.g. we are at an appointment and even then I talk to the other people there rather than her) so idk how to communicate with her at all Sweat

• slowly --- just be direct u may need the diagnosis for uni  ! 

i dont know your mum  at all or how u talk to each other 

• Thank you :-)

How do I talk to my mum? *stress*

• talk to you tomorrow 

• each university is different

a diagnosis is defo very helpful because you show them your letter and then get on with it 

but u have the right ( your current UK law )  to self declare. U simply say "I believe i am autistic"  after that you have to be treated as autistic.

a diagnosis also helps identify your weker areas where u can ask for support.

UCL ( university college London ) has a very good autistic student support. I just happened to be helping someone else who applied to do law there.

look/search for universities with good autism student support.

my mum is autistic and doesnt know :) and i have a nephew who has a diagnosis.

your correct to plan ahead ( typical autistic thing ! ).

I think u need to ask ur mum to start going for an autism diagnosis so that u get some support while at uni.  Show her my plan.  Even having the ability to say "i am autistic and I am waiting on my diagnosis " helps convince people u are for real.

in a professional diagnosis they could also notice other things commonly found with autism like OCD, ADHD, anxiety, and depression, dyslexia, dyspraxia. 

• What is the best way to practice? (I won't reply to messages you send me until tomorrow because I am tired and I am going to go to bed)

• I was reading some stuff about applying to university (I shouldn't be worrying about this because it is not time to yet, but I like to think about my future) and there was stuff that they said that I thought would be helpful to me such as allowing me to record lectures and then write a transcript of them later because I am not good at listening for a long time but then some websites said that I could only access support with a written diagnosis from a doctor :'(

• I was reading some stuff about applying to university (I shouldn't be worrying about this because it is not time to yet, but I like to think about my future) and there was stuff that they said that I thought would be helpful to me such as allowing me to record lectures and then write a transcript of them later because I am not good at listening for a long time but then some websites said that I could only access support with a written diagnosis from a doctor :'(

Children
  • I never talk to her about important stuff unless I am forced to (e.g. we are at an appointment and even then I talk to the other people there rather than her) so idk how to communicate with her at all Sweat

• slowly --- just be direct u may need the diagnosis for uni  ! 

i dont know your mum  at all or how u talk to each other 

• Thank you :-)

How do I talk to my mum? *stress*

• talk to you tomorrow 

• each university is different

a diagnosis is defo very helpful because you show them your letter and then get on with it 

but u have the right ( your current UK law )  to self declare. U simply say "I believe i am autistic"  after that you have to be treated as autistic.

a diagnosis also helps identify your weker areas where u can ask for support.

UCL ( university college London ) has a very good autistic student support. I just happened to be helping someone else who applied to do law there.

look/search for universities with good autism student support.

my mum is autistic and doesnt know :) and i have a nephew who has a diagnosis.

your correct to plan ahead ( typical autistic thing ! ).

I think u need to ask ur mum to start going for an autism diagnosis so that u get some support while at uni.  Show her my plan.  Even having the ability to say "i am autistic and I am waiting on my diagnosis " helps convince people u are for real.

in a professional diagnosis they could also notice other things commonly found with autism like OCD, ADHD, anxiety, and depression, dyslexia, dyspraxia.