People problems

Hi

I am new to this forum...awaiting an assessment and have been told I am very likely aspergers by a mental health professional...I am a middle aged woman who feels like a teenager a lot of the time, especially when relating to people. The main issue I have atm are the problems I have in friendships and with people in general. I can't even describe what it is that I finding difficult...but I am so sick of it. For many years I was with a partner and was close to my parents and sister and when my relationship ended and my parents and sister died (it all happened in a very short space of time) I found myself having to deal with a lot more people due to needing more friendships....

Maybe the problems are...I find myself feeling a bit bullied by people, or put down, that there are misunderstandings and I find it all so exhausting...I get very alarmed by anyone being jealous of me and was oblivious to this in other women until recent years when I finally woke up to it....most recently I realised that a someone I considered to be a very close old friend of mine (25 years) has been being manipulative and mildly abusive on and off for years and I feel like my brain does not compute. I think lock down highlighted a lot of problems that  had previously ignored...I just want to get on with everyone and hate conflict and tension...but don;t seem to be able to create that for myself..life was so much simpler when I had a partner in many ways because although we argued more than I would have liked, it was much easier having only one person to relate to most of the time. 

Can anyone offer any advice or have similar experiences of this?

G

Parents
  • Welcome to this forumn

so sorry you have just been through a rough patch

I recommend you open up a bit is this forum just be yourself

Tell me about yourself.

• Thank you, i am female, early 50s, musician, single, no children...I went to see a therapist a year and a half ago due to struggling with being lied to by a man I was seeing...and also some problems in relations I had been unable to resolve....he said 'I am 98% certain you are ASD' and got me to do a test which I sent to my GP and he referred me. 

• its pretty awful to put your thrust in someone,  then you find out they have been lying to you. What did he lie about ?

I think it is a very good idea you going for a diagnosis.

How are you feeling right now as you speak to me ?

• its pretty awful to put your thrust in someone,  then you find out they have been lying to you. What did he lie about ?

I think it is a very good idea you going for a diagnosis.

How are you feeling right now as you speak to me ?

Children