Introducing Myself

Hello there. I’ve had very limited social interaction since I dropped out of college in 2011. I came to this site in the hopes of talking to people who might be able to empathise with my social/cognitive struggles. I don’t feel like I really have any true opinions and interests, with a few exceptions, so I don’t even feel like a real person most of the time. I wouldn’t mind talking with anyone really but I have a really bad fear of being judged.

Parents Reply Children
  • Yeah it’s bad enough when you have one of these problems but what do you do when you have several that all exacerbate each other? I know this feeling all too well. Trying to come up with goals for CBT is a can of worms itself, then it makes me feel like I’ve got a gun to my head. I was trying to work my way up to gong to an autism group but corona and moving house got in the way of that. I’m currently waiting to join the local services in my new area.

• Yes, They are not equipped to treat someone with autism, ADHD and sensory processing disorder. I have tried everything from CBT therapy to talking therapy.

Complex situation

• Have you reached out to any mental health services? Could you be experiencing PTSD?

• I Kinda understand you. I'm terrified about starting another job because i am still anxious because of  last few job. I witness some horrific things and experience something horrifying. But if i don't try something soon i am going to worse off.      

• I went to College for 6 months after I left school. I found the commute really tough and I struggle to learn by conventional means. It just got too much to me. I’ve mostly been a recluse since. The thought of having to do anything absolutely terrifies me.

• You haven't missed out on much. like i said im am twenty four and have had multiple job got fired and managed out in all of them. Tried and apprenticeship and it got ended early because the training provider spent all my funding somewhere . attended college couldn't complete because of no access to transport get their. Tried obtaining driving licence got told i can't drive on the 6th driving instructor. Basically back at square one from when i left school worse of and physically and mentally exhausted.   

• I’m 26 but I feel really old because I’ve done nothing since I left school.