Think my partner may have asperges and does not know

Been in a relationship for over a year and started to pick up certain things.Would just be helpful to get some advice.

Parents Reply Children
  • Repeating conversations and questions is normally because the answers rattling around the head don't make sense - data conflict - people out of character or illogical decisions.      We're trying to reprocess to gain extra data to fill in too many blanks,     The more the conversation connects to other situations of odd actions, the longer it takes to fully process.

• You don't have to get him to admit to autism to talk about this or bring about change. You can explore each trait with him singularly. Obviously one at a time. This is what you'd have to do whether he is or isn't autistic, diagnosed or not. I can laugh at some of my traits when pointed out, but like most people can't do much about others, some of which will be autistic, and others just human. The key is building up your communications. All relationships have to do this at the 6-12 month stage. But also of it's not working for you, it's not working for you.

• bummer  thats sad 

• Thank you for the reply the relationship doesnt feel the same since i have noticed certain things its the repetitive conversations and asking of questions it seems to be getting me down when its the same each week 

• i am dyslexic as well but i use technology to overcome it.  

ok, then leave him be,. many people with autism are happy to remain diagnosed. 

see how the relationship goes ,,,,

feedback if u are having issues here, just as a way to release your thought/worries..

dont point out his faults  Slight smile

my autism was not picked up until now!  I have had a family and kids and held many jobs.  Things started to be picked up within my work so out of interest i went for a diagnosis and came back with yes u are "clearly autistic" .  My mum is also not diagnosed. Daughter same.