A theory on what autism could actually be...

Hi Everyone, i've be supporting adults and children on the spectrum for a few years, i'm no expert, just a caring person who likes to help others, i've researched lots to gain a better understanding, and in order to help me do my job in the best way i can, i love working with autism, but the one thing that i cant find the answer to is the cause, there has been so much speculation and false truths, i have my own theory that seems to fit well, especially knowing how special people on the spectrum are...

I genuinely feel that human beings are starting the next step in evolution, it doesnt happen overnight, and we would be naive to think we have reached perfection, far from it, perhaps physically we are somewhere near..

The brain is a massively complicated piece of hardware, we don;t use much of its potential, are people on the spectrum the first step?  about 10% of people on spectrum are savant, but in my experience, all of the people i work with are special, and have  some unbelievable abilities in 1 area or another, they are all a better version of humanity, if the whole world was full of people on the spectrum, even at these early stages on evolution, we wouldnt have the problems we have today..

i could go on, but i would love to hear other peoples views on my theory, whilst evolution is working on the brain, other areas of the brain are being affected, it may take 1000's of years to get right, i just wonder what the first fish to start to develope land and oxygen based qualities actually looked like, because they wouldnt of just grew legs and lungs over night.

Parents
  • I've met some pretty mean nasty controlling autists, as well as loads of special and neutral ones. My guess is we're no better or worse than NTs for being kind overall. The kind ones in need of support get carers, the less kind ones in need of support I'm guessing get jail instead cos we've failed them.

Similarly I find some autists a relief to be with, and others really hard work to relax with.

I like to think we're more evolutionarily advanced, but my guess is we are just part of the normal gene pool.

• personally i think its because they have to exist and function in our society, by our social norm, which for most is a learning process unfortunately, i agree whole heartedly, its heart breaking how many are in prison due to being let down by society AND poor parenting early years, never underestimate the impotance of early developement and positive attachments, if we had to live in their world, we would find it equally difficult and probably be labelled as difficult and unclear in our communication, we struggle with black and white a lot and rely on grey area to say what we want/need so as not to upset sometimes, which is better depends on where your standing really

• couple of things humans can think way beyond this planet eg Einstein prof Stephen Hawking prof rich dawkins and darwin to name some.

The most mind blowing are the people who work in 7  dimensions . my mind cant go beyond 3.

or the people who work in Quantum Physics where things appear in 2 places  at same time !

as for people in prison I agree there should be a committee set up to re assess many people in prison and if they are mentally ill get them into a better environment / community where they are treated/educated/trained in a better way.

• couple of things humans can think way beyond this planet eg Einstein prof Stephen Hawking prof rich dawkins and darwin to name some.

The most mind blowing are the people who work in 7  dimensions . my mind cant go beyond 3.

or the people who work in Quantum Physics where things appear in 2 places  at same time !

as for people in prison I agree there should be a committee set up to re assess many people in prison and if they are mentally ill get them into a better environment / community where they are treated/educated/trained in a better way.

Children
No Data