Is there ANYONE here, that doesnt have a degree? and is basically very average?

As the title asks!.....its not a veiled pop at intelligence...but ive never excelled, in part, due to a very late diagnosis(at least,thats what im telling myself)....but of course, i am quite good at some things....but its not of any note...(please dont ask me, i wont want to divulge as its all pretty rudimentary stuff, and serves to remind me how limited my life really has been..

Im not looking for any bolstering platitudes and im not licking  wounds or being  self pitying....

Im Genuinely, curious if theres anyone else out there ,that isnt academically successful? 

• I made one about that particular need too, for me it's ritalin substitues sort of need Stuck out tongue

medicated to stay regulated

shayboski.blogspot.com/.../indulgence.html

• You can also move through time with different weed,

Then time flows, as I well know!

And suddenly it's time to go.

To once again push agaInst the flow,

Of people who don't "need to know"

Being a little high, holds back the woe, 

because I've a faint idea, 

Of just how little I actually know...

• Einstein said you can move through time with different speed:

the time flows, as I go,

how fast I don't know

I go anyway and I flow

Because I need to know

find out the high and the low

I will never know 

how much I don't know

• I said I'm not the most sane person LOL

• * I Sperg, havimg accidentally "raised the dead" once again walks off quickly, whistling tunelessly...*

• haha I didn't notice topic was started 2 years ago

• I quit uni after 2nd year of electrical engineering, but it wasn't because of being unable to learn it

highest qualification I own is College Diploma in Accountancy

looks like you have a new mission - find out what you are good at

I'm sure there is many things you haven't tried yet,

e.g. to avoid boredom, unable to get a job where I could use brain not muscle, I decided I'm going to write a book,

I don't care that literature teachers were saying ''it offends me to read that utter nonsense''. what do they know?

You are not average, you are unique, there is nobody like you

• This stuff is all relative in the end. i do have a degree but only realised years after that my not doing a dissertation as part of it was quite a rare thing. To me, writing one if thosd things looks like a Herculean challenge beyond my remotest capabilty, and irrationally my own qualification can feel like a cheat - even though thats daft, it was designed to balance out in a more modular way. But Id havd crashed snd burned otherwise. 

• Yes, I have a degree and much more.  It has turned out to be a curse.  I have been the subject of ignorance and envy by those who haven't got one.

In my present job, no one is aware of my academic qualifications and we get along fine.

• 4 O'levels then I got it up to 5 and a couple of improved grades....

I've done a lot of courses and stuff, of course, but academically, I'd not say I was successful...

• Di it! I trained at Trade Skills 4U in Crawley. I met with them weeks before I started and told them about my Aspie requirements and they were unbelievably supportive.

• Glad it's not just me that never got on with maths. I was never able to learn my times tables either and often get caught counting on my fingers for fairly simple additions!

I thought about becoming an electrician once too, my grandad was one, and I did help wire up the electrics for my local model railway club, under the supervision of a qualified electrician, of course. It hasn't burnt down so it couldn't have been too bad a job!

Electrics are always very logical, and I like that.

• An older brother of mine got a degree in theology which is a study of the nature of God and religious belief. It's one of the easier degrees to attain and some people even argue it's a waste of public money financing those degrees at all.

But anyway my brother, when he applied for jobs, annoyed a lot of people interviewing him. They thought he was over-educated to work a range of typical jobs people do. He worked in retail until he had a mental breakdown and spent years in a mental hospital.

• No degrees here! I struggle with anything that can’t be represented physically as I build models in my mind to reaffirm learning. I struggle with standard math and have never learnt my tables for example, because they don’t mean anything. However, I have recently re-qualified as an electrician, at 45 years of age, which I found easy-ish because it’s about physical cables and circuits and switches etc.

• I went to Uni, and feel that it's a millstone around my neck.

I have no work experience to note, other than Placement Year in 1999-2000, and various Admin roles, mostly Voluntary, since graduation.

I wanted to do Retraining Programmes, but was 'Overqualified!' That makes my blood boil.

But I have met good people along the way. Most ones I knew at Uni turned out to be Bloodsuckers.

If you want loyalty, get a Dog. Humans are fallible.

• i left school at 14 lived in a box .............   i just had too, sorry Slight smile

• At the risk of this becoming the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch, i left school at 15.  No qualifications whatsoever.  I have a high iq and have been told by people with degrees that i'm cleverer than they are.  Unfortunately my brain is enclosed in a physical form that needs social isolation in order to cope with existence.

• I don't have a degree.  I checked out of Education after college, because I knew there was no way I would finish it.

Now I plan to take a degree course when I retire