Is there ANYONE here, that doesnt have a degree? and is basically very average?

As the title asks!.....its not a veiled pop at intelligence...but ive never excelled, in part, due to a very late diagnosis(at least,thats what im telling myself)....but of course, i am quite good at some things....but its not of any note...(please dont ask me, i wont want to divulge as its all pretty rudimentary stuff, and serves to remind me how limited my life really has been..

Im not looking for any bolstering platitudes and im not licking  wounds or being  self pitying....

Im Genuinely, curious if theres anyone else out there ,that isnt academically successful? 

Parents
  • Hi

Well, to serve your curiosity: I struggled with mainstream education right up until dropping out of college; so, no degrees for me.

I was placed firmly on the spectrum 3 weeks ago and it is only just sinking in -why- I have struggled so much throughout my life: where my friends and family seem to have succeeded so contently, without the slightest little effort; in comparison to most of -my- days which are metaphorically uphill battles against the most irrational creatures on earth and their societal norms - watching their misguided governance of the world unfold before me in depressing, real-time news reports - leaving me very forlorn, however; I have digressed.

The best thing I did for myself, academically speaking, was (and still is) distance learning: you can learn in your comfort zone, where you can control your environment; so, there are hardly any inconsistencies to cause sensory distractions to your concentration, you can wear earphones, if you wish, or stop what you're doing to think about other topics that may stem from your train of thought.

Basically, distance learning is at your chosen pace and you are not wasting your time, as you might be, when surrounded by pesky humans. Through distance learning, in my mid 20s and early 30s, I managed to train up in AAT and CIMA accountancy qualifications.

Also, I have found that confidence is key to success in any worthy pursuit: so, just because you do not possess or have the means of acquiring the credit for knowledge (i.e. a degree or university placement), does not mean that you should not pursue that knowledge by other means; the evolution of ideas can come from humble beginnings, such as your curiosity.

Reply Children
No Data