Hi. Struggling with life

Hi I was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome when I was 13 and was receiving some help but since turning 18 I feel as if I've been abandoned and as if no one really cares. I lost my dad last year and that affected me badly mentally. I didn't cry and felt little emotion but mentally I feel crushed and devastated. Now living with my mum but I'm struggling to manage the anxiety and depression. Doctors don't want to help. And I'm in considerable pain which my mum says is anxiety though I'm pretty sure I am dying from some sort of disease. My health isn't in the best of shape, yegods it's a mess! I'm only 26 and to be fair 27 seems unlikely. I feel awful all the time and I'm not getting any help or support from anybody. I assume I'm not a lone with the problems?

Can anyone help me with any of this please?

I like reading and watching films mostly which is what I'm doing most of time.

Ok introduction over. Thanks for reading.

Parents
  • Hi - what you're feeling is very common for us - we *need* logic, calmness and predictability.     Unfortunately, life comes with none of that so we need someone to bounce our anxiety off or we go nuts processing it all around in circles forever.

If I were you, I'd write out all of your anxiety issues and spend some time talking it all over with your mum - you need support and reassurance in this chaotic world that you're ok and doing the best you can.

Also, as other have suggested, talk to your gp and see if they can put some support in place for you - you *need* to be able to process your stress with someone - just talking about it all with someone so you feel you've been heard can help a lot.

Internalising your anxiety is bad for you - it will make you feel ill - just touching base with your mum to explain what's currently stressing you will help dissipate that stress and you might come up with some plans for the future..

• Hi - what you're feeling is very common for us - we *need* logic, calmness and predictability.     Unfortunately, life comes with none of that so we need someone to bounce our anxiety off or we go nuts processing it all around in circles forever.

If I were you, I'd write out all of your anxiety issues and spend some time talking it all over with your mum - you need support and reassurance in this chaotic world that you're ok and doing the best you can.

Also, as other have suggested, talk to your gp and see if they can put some support in place for you - you *need* to be able to process your stress with someone - just talking about it all with someone so you feel you've been heard can help a lot.

Internalising your anxiety is bad for you - it will make you feel ill - just touching base with your mum to explain what's currently stressing you will help dissipate that stress and you might come up with some plans for the future..

Children
No Data