How do I get my mother and her husband off my back?

So I apparently don't have a life. According to them. I've been on several trips but these were all with them and I for one don't enjoy going to festivals like they do, or concerts (for obvious reasons) so I'm just existing and not living. What should I be saying to shut them up? I am planning on moving out within a few years.

Parents
  • I was a bit involved with concert and festival PA for a few years. I came to realise that I really wasn't enjoying the big events. The ones where you get caught up in a maelstrom of humanity and inhumanity for 'muddy' hours on end. It occurs to me that you might want to find the sort of level of event that you can deal with, and try to drag your outlaws along with you for some new experience. It sounds like they might need it. These days I find even small folkie venues are often too 'loud' for me; but at least I can leave the building to chill out, or just plain go home early to sleep. Stuff like a weekend of quiet reflection springs to mind.

• I was a bit involved with concert and festival PA for a few years. I came to realise that I really wasn't enjoying the big events. The ones where you get caught up in a maelstrom of humanity and inhumanity for 'muddy' hours on end. It occurs to me that you might want to find the sort of level of event that you can deal with, and try to drag your outlaws along with you for some new experience. It sounds like they might need it. These days I find even small folkie venues are often too 'loud' for me; but at least I can leave the building to chill out, or just plain go home early to sleep. Stuff like a weekend of quiet reflection springs to mind.

Children
No Data