Hello

Hi there here 

I’m 27 years old and was diagnosed with autism when I was 21 

I also have Jacobsen Syndrome, a kidney disease and disabilities. 

My family don’t really understand me well but I do appreciate they are trying to. I really struggle making friends & understanding boundaries, I find it difficult to work and do volunteering as people don’t understand me and haven’t really got the time or patience to understand and support me. I don’t feel accepted and I don’t feel I fit in well. I always feel the odd one out and I’m a child trapped inside an adults body. 

I am not very confident and independent but I am trying hard to make an effort to improve this.

Do anyone on here have similar or the same struggles as me? 

Would be great to hear from you and discuss how we can hopefully help each other

.Thank you 

• Hi Joey ,  

I have similar work problems ,

Had numerous jobs where i work hard but i seem to never fit in , I have just lost another job due to unsafe behaviour so i guess volunteering would be difficult as i have been dismissed to many times,I have noticed certain personalities are normally the cause but i'm the one with the diagnosis , 

I live ok by myself as i have been for nearly 20 years 

I  started to teach myself guitar 2 years ago and this has given me a way to focus on something other than my non stop mind.

Dreading my 50th this year as my 40th i had a surprise party but no one knew i had asd , worst night of my life but should of been a happy one .

Hope you find some good info here as i did when i joined ,

Simon Slight smile