Good morning

Hi everyone,

My name is Richie, and I was diagnosed with autism at the age of 45 after struggling all my life. It was a revelation.

That was 3 years ago now. It has taken a long time for me to come to terms with what has happened to me. I am lucky in that I have been able to work my entire life.  

At the moment I am currently off work, but hope that my mental health will be good enough to return soon. 2-years ago I ended up in the mental health unit, and was diagnosed with severe anxiety with a side helping of severe depression. I am working through these with the help of the NHS.

Family-wise I am married with two kids who have left home. I am finding lockdown very difficult as I work from home but my wife does not.  She has been sent home by her employer which has severely disrupted my routine.  I hope that this will all sort itself out over time I'm coming but as I'm sure you can appreciate those changes have made it very stressful for both of us.

I am quite enjoying the new social distancing rules, and how it makes most people keep their distance from me.  I love to talk to people, and the new rules mean that my volume of voice is now appropriate, instead of people telling me to keep my voice down! 

Is anyone else  enjoying the new rules?

Peace, love and logic,

Richie

Xx

Parents Reply Children
No Data